Fire Department

Department Information

The Clanton Fire Department currently has one staffed fire station and two non-staffed fire stations.  The department responds to an average of 2,200 calls annually and provides Fire Suppression, Technical Rescue and Advanced Life Support to include a transport unit.  The department has two advanced life support engines, two basic life support engines, one aerial apparatus, three service units and one ambulance.  Additional equipment includes a hazardous materials response unit, a mass casualty response unit and a mobile command trailer.

Mission Statement

The Clanton Fire Department is dedicated to providing public safety to our citizens which results in a better quality of life. As an organization and individual members, we strive to protect the lives and property of the citizens of Clanton, through safely and efficiently providing Code Enforcement, Public Education, and Emergency Services. We will work diligently with harmony each day to provide the services we promote. We care about our customers, their property, and each other. Our members are the avenue through which daily operations touch lives, reduce suffering, and protect property.

History

The Clanton Fire Department was formed and the ordinance to create a fire department for the Town of Clanton was signed and adopted on November 24, 1922, by Mayor V.J. Gragg. The fire department at that time had three hand-pulled hose wagons, one of which is currently on display at Station One, and a larger horse-pulled wagon that carried ladders and other firefighting equipment. The first fire engine was an American LaFrance which was purchased in 1927. A picture of the fire engine and members of the department at that time is also on display at Station One.

Fire Department Gallery

View the Fire Department Gallery

  1. Station 1
  2. Station 2
  3. Station 3

Clanton Fire Station Number 1 is located at 100 6th Street South. It houses Engine 1, Truck 1, and Medic 21. Its coverage area is the downtown central portion of the city and east and west to the city limits.

FireStation1